Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 26, 2014 The Rain in Spain...

The missionaries in Guadalajara

So, this week the Real Madrid won the Champions League. Nobody wanted to talk to us in the streets that night and we couldn't sleep because of all of the parties and explosions! 

But you had a crazy week too! I am so proud and happy for Morgan! I miss that girl! I got her graduation announcement in the mail! She is so beautiful and I was very very happy to get the invitation! And I am very happy that Courtney is in your care and that she is on her way to getting better. She did email me all of the details - I know it is hard for her but it is what it is. She needs to be home so that she can get better, and she needs to understand that and be happy! And I miss Mu Shu.

So the weather here has been crazy. It was starting to get really hot two weeks ago and then this week it has been raining and hailing on us... ha ha these Catholics and their rain dances... ha ha. We also had zone conference this week! The APs and President and Hermana Jackson spoke to our zone. I love it. I learned so much. We have great great leaders in our mission. They stressed the importance of love and hard work. Two things very important in missionary work. We also ate Dominos pizza afterwards!

So our investigator, Godspower, and his girlfriend Faith and his sister Blessings (With Faith and a little bit of Godspower we see Blessings) :) fed us this week some crazy African food. They plopped on my plate a full fish and bull's heart and some rice and some insanely spicy sauce all over it! It was pretty awesome! Elder Peredo cannot handle spicy food at all so he was dying - plus we were speaking English because they don't speak Spanish. I was laughing pretty hard. Poor Elder Peredo I love that guy! It was a good experience for both of us!

We are seeing so many blessings here in Guadalajara because of our obedience and because of our work ethic. It's amazing. We have 7 (!) baptismal dates coming up soon so we are so excited for that! I can feel myself becoming more consecrated to the work and I know that is why Heavenly Father is helping us out so much. I am learning so much out here on my mission. What a blessing it is! Can you believe 10 months have already gone by? Ha Ha talk about what it is, what it was, and what it will be. (that QFL quote is for Dallas who will be home this week!)

Thank you as always for all of the letters and emails! I love you - have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment