Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 5, 2014 - More on Godspower

You can write Devon at:
Elder Devon Ridd
c/Cuesta de Davalo n.2a, 6i
Guadalajara 19001
Spain

And you can always email him at:
devon.ridd@myldsmail.net

Mom!

You are so funny with your Spanish! :) I can't wait to talk to you guys next week! It is going to be great!

So, Godspower (his real given name) is awesome! He came to church on Sunday and sat next to me, and I was translating in to English for him and he leaned over to me and said, "hey! I want to get baptized in this church" !!!!!!! So, I played it cool and just said, "alright, that's great. We'll teach you some lessons and you can get baptized in a few weeks. Ha ha, I am very grateful for him and to Heavenly Father for letting us find him.

Ricardo is also doing great. Technically he is supposed to get baptized this Saturday, but I don't think he is going to be able to. He is still as prepared as ever but we found out that he lives with a girl, so we are going to have to figure out that situation. We have faith thought that everything will go well. We know he will get baptized, we just don't know exactly when. But yes, it is such a blessing to be able to see the Lord's hand in this work and to see miracles.

Tell Uncle Jale that he will be in my thoughts and prayers. He and Auntie Shelley are so great! It sounds like Nicole had a good time at her birthday party! I didn't recognize hardly anybody in the picture from the party (there were boys?) but I'm sure they all had fun. Tell her I say happy birthday.

I am glad to hear that Courtney is getting treatment and doing a little better. I will pray with all of you guys now for a quick recovery.

So, I got your package this week! I love the flag! It is beautiful! Seriously, it is so professional and clean looking and great. So thank you for that and for the socks and the candies. I loved it all. Now you don't have to send me another package until Christmas. Seriously.

I got a letter from Grandma Ridd! She is so nice and great. Tell her that I say thank you very very much and that I loved it. Also I got a letter from Sister Erekson - will you tell her thank you as well please?

We have had a great week here in Guadalajara! We had a zone meeting and the zone leaders asked me the night before if I could start the meeting with a talk. So, I was a little bit nervous for lack of preparation but it went really well and the zone meeting was very inspired. i was able to talk to president Jackson a few times this week. He is so great. He also came to Guadalajara to visit our branch and that Sunday we just happened to have six investigators with us so that was awesome. Things are going pretty well here. We find out transfers this Saturday! I am excited to figure out what happens. I don't know anything yet but I have a hunch that Elder Peredo is leaving and that I am going to stay here in Guadalajara... but we will see! We are going to have a crazy week this week. Talking to you guys on Sunday, Saturday we have 2 baptisms and two members of the Seventy are going to visit our zone as well! Tuesday I am going to do exchanges with the Zone Leaders and we have lots of stuff planned so it's going to be fun.

I am so excited to talk to you guys! It is going to be awesome! Thank you for everything that you do for me! I love you so much! I pray for you guys and I am very grateful for all of the prayers that you guys offer on my behalf. The church is true! Talk to you soon! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Ridd

No comments:

Post a Comment