Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 14, 2014 The Spanish Nicole!

Mondays are my favorite! I love hearing from our missionary! 

You can email him at:
devon.ridd@myldsmail.net

or write him at:
Elder Devon Ridd
c/ Valdebernardo n. 25, 5c
Madrid 28030
Spain

Happy Monday Mom! This P-day has been fun for us! We played some soccer and hung out with some other missionaries.

Remember how I said that we see a lot of miracles during our exchanges? I want to share one with you that happened here: We baptized a Spanish man!! We usually baptize South Americans you know but it was really cool to see this man get baptized. His name is Carlos and he is married to a Dominican. They met each other in Panama and got married there and then came back here to Spain. She was baptized as a young girl but went inactive a long time ago. But while in Madrid she saw the temple and told us that she was a member of the church and so then it started from there! It was such a great baptismal service and it was awesome to see Elder Alvarez baptize him. It could be his last baptism on the mission so it was awesome. Elder Alvarez and I are both zone leaders - he is the oldest zone leader in the mission and I am the youngest. This week we are having our zone training meeting so I am a little nervous for that! We'll see how it goes!

Arizona is so hot! It is warm here but not like back home. I kind of miss it! I miss our ward. We really are blessed to have such an awesome organized ward! Some meetings here in Spain are just disasters... haha the church is still new here! 

Thanks to everyone for the support and everything! I love you! Have a great week! The church is true!


So, this picture is of Nicole in Spanish form! This girl remains me so much of Nicole and she acts like Nicole and everything. And to me they even look the same so I took a picture with her and now we are pretty good friends. She is 12 years old and is a good little member of the church! 

From Carlos' baptism. We are all so happy for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment