Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014 Another Beautiful Sunset!

I hope you don't get tired of my sunset pictures! They are just so beautiful here in Gudalajara!

Thank you for all the pictures and the emails! I'm glad that dad had a good Father's day and that you guys were able to spend time together as a family! I love my family! Thank you for letting me know what is going on with everything! Courtney is letting me in on everything too so I am well informed! :) Tell Dad I say Happy Father's day and happy birthday to you too Mom! Your birthday is coming up soon! 

So, this week was interesting here! I was sick (do NOT worry mother, sickness is part of life!) and we had some hard challenges with our investigators. We are seeing that with the blessings also come the opposition and it lets us know that we are doing our job. So we find out transfers this Saturday! So it is possible that the next time I email you guys I will be in a new area! I think some big things are going to happen this transfer but we will just have to wait and see!

We are just starting to teach a Peruvian man here named Alan! I thought that was pretty interesting! Elder Peredo and I participated in a big soccer tournament in the stake to help our ward and it was awesome. I love soccer! And today a guy from our ward is going to take us to some tennis courts to play some tennis with him so that will be fun! Everything is going well here. We have had a lot of heart breaks here in Guadalajara lately but it is all part of the mission. I am learning so much out here! I love speaking Spanish and I feel like I can fully be myself now in Spanish which is really good. The church is true!

I have been reading the April conference talks and there is so much wisdom in them! I know that if we follow the prophet and the apostles we will receive guidance and we will be protected from Satan! Families can be together forever! I have adjusted my vision out here on the mission; our goal really isn't baptism, it is to have families get sealed in the temple. That is our real goal and what a blessing that is. We are so blessed in Mesa to have two temples so close by and to be able to do saving ordinances for our ancestors there. I love the temple!

Gracias por todo mama! Tu mereces lo mejor y estoy muy agradecido por tener una madre tan buena:) Manda saludos a toda la familia y que tengais una buena semana y un buen dia hoy! Os quiero!

Love, 
Elder Ridd

No comments:

Post a Comment