Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Feliz Pascua! April 21, 2014

Easter was really weird here! We didn't eat with any members and they didn't do anything special in church. The whole week though is called Semana Santa and the Catholic church runs the whole city the whole week. It is freaky what they do here. It felt like war all week.I'm serious, they bang these big drums all day and dress up like the KKK and carry around statues of the Virgin Mary and a bloody Jesus and that is how they celebrate Easter!




It is so sad honestly and I just wanted everybody to be happy and to realize that Jesus is happy and that he lives! I am so grateful that I was able to study about Jesus and that I have my testimony! 


I didn't receive your package yet (yikes) but I did receive a package from the Mills! They are awesome! They sent me a little Easter package and I loved it! Sister Mills is very nice. Tell her thank you for me please mom!

I was able to make some cookies this week for some members with the recipe that you sent me and they turned out alright! I didn't have anything to measure with or to do the conversions so it was literally all with a spoon and guessing and some how they turned out alright! ha ha - I guess that was a miracle for this week!

It is raining really hard today so we are not going to do some of the things we planned - we will probably just go back to the piso and write letters. Thank you for everything that you do for me. I love you so much. Thank you for all of your words of encouragement and advice. They help me a lot! I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity! Families can be together forever - through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can!

Have a great week!

Love, 
Elder Ridd



No comments:

Post a Comment